THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“Terms”) govern the use of the content and material which is located at www.londonirishsingles.com
(“the Website”) by Users.
Please read these Terms and ensure that you have understood them. If you do not agree to these Terms, please cease use of the Website immediately.
London Irish Singles Limited, a company registered in England with company number insert Registration Here, whose principal office is at Inserted Registered Address
“Content” means any content, emails, messages, photos or Profiles submitted or sent by Users to London Irish Singes or its employees or its agents, through their Use of the Website;
“Fee” means a fee for the Subscription based on the relevant Period as set out in the price list located on the membership page
“Period” means a 1 month period in respect of the relevant Subscription commencing on the date of payment of a Fee or whatsoever period that the subscriber has paid for in advance;
“Profile” means the information held by London Irish Singes about a User, such information having been submitted by either (i) the User to whom the information relates, or (ii) another User, permission having been obtained by London Irish Singles from the User to whom the information relates prior to such User’s information being made available to other Users;
“Subscriber” means a User who has either (i) paid the relevant Fee, or (ii) on whose behalf another User has paid the relevant Fee;
“Subscription” means a subscription by a Subscriber for the use of the additional features and functionalities on the Website in respect of each Period;
“Terms” means the terms and conditions set out herein;
“Use” means registering and updating Profiles, looking at the Profiles of other Users, contacting other Users, London Irish Singles or its employees and / or its agents and making payment of the Fee to London Irish Singles
“User” means any person who registers their details with the Website including but not limited to the Subscriber and thereby agrees to comply with these Terms;
“Website” means the website www.londonirishsingles.com
- The Website is owned and managed by LondonIrishSingles. Registration Number:
- London Irish Singles can be contacted by email at email@example.com
Registration and Subscription
- You must be single and eighteen (18) years old or over to Use the Website.
- By Using the Website you warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into and be bound by these Terms.
- The Website is provided for the personal Use of individual members only and you may not Use the Website in connection with any commercial venture. If you are an organisation, a company and/or a business you may not register with the Website or Use it for any purpose.
- You may register with the Website for free however you will only be able to access certain functions of the Website, including communication with other Users, if you are a Subscriber of a Subscription. For the avoidance of doubt, you are responsible for providing and paying for the means of accessing the Website.
- By registering with the Website you warrant that you do not (a) have a previous and/or pending criminal conviction; or (b) have or have had a restraining order made against you by the courts of any jurisdiction.
- On payment of the relevant Fee, Subscribers hereby agree and consent to the immediate commencement of the performance of the services by London Irish Singles such that, on payment of the relevant Fee, Subscribers can immediately access certain functions of the Website, including communication with other Users.
- If you are a Subscriber, your Subscription shall automatically renew at the end of each relevant Period. In order to automatically charge you the relevant Fees via PayPal. If you wish to terminate your Subscription, you shall be required to comply with clause 26. Subject to clause 24, all Fees shall be non-refundable for any reason whatsoever.
- It shall be at London Irish Singles sole discretion whether to accept any Content, including Profiles. In the event that any Content is not accepted by London Irish Singles. London Irish Singles may write to you to explain the reasons for this, but shall be under no obligation to do so. Under such circumstances, provided that the User is not in breach of these Terms, the relevant Fee shall not be payable and shall, where relevant, be reimbursed.
Use of the Website
- You shall only Use the Website for the purpose of facilitating online introductions.
- You shall comply with all U.K., U.S., foreign and local laws and regulations which apply to your Use of the Website in whatever country you are physically located, including without limitation, consumer law, export control laws and regulations.
- In the event that London Irish Singles, in its sole discretion, considers that you are making any illegal and/or unauthorised Use of the Website including, without limitation, submitting an inappropriate Profile, collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Users by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited email, or unauthorised framing of, or linking to, the Website or sending abusive, offensive, harassing, rude or threatening communications to London Irish Singles, to London Irish Singes users, to London Irish Singles agents and or to London Irish Singles employees, London Irish Singles reserves the right to take any action that it deems necessary, including terminating without notice your Use of the Website in accordance with clauses 25 and 26; in the case of illegal Use, instigating legal proceedings, and in the case of submitting an inappropriate Profile, disabling such Profile without any notice to you.
- You are solely responsible for any Content that you publish or display on the Website or that you transmit to other Users.
- You must not provide any false information in respect of your name, age, build, height, marital status, date of birth, phone number, post code or location to London Irish Singes. In the event that London Irish Singes has reason to suspect that you have provided false information, or that you are not single, London Irish Singles reserves the right to terminate your Use of the Website and/or disable your Profile without notice.
- You must not include in your Profile, nor transmit to another User without first becoming a Subscriber, any personal contact information, including but not limited to telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses.
- In the event that London Irish Singles, in its sole discretion, considers that any Content violates these Terms or is offensive or illegal, or considers that any Content or your actions or behaviour (whether in relation to the Website or otherwise) has the potential to violate the rights of, harm or threaten the safety of others, London Irish Singes reserves the right to take any action that it deems necessary, including, but not limited to, disabling your Profile, deleting Content, restricting the number of emails that you can send to other Users or terminating your Use of the Website. Some examples of the types of Content that violates these Terms are any Content that:
- a) expresses or implies that any statements made by you are endorsed by London Irish Singles;
- b) promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- c) harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- d) displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- e) provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from any person under the age of 18;
- f) promotes any conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- g) promotes any illegal activities;
- h) promotes illegal or unauthorized copying of another person’s copyright work, including but not limited to providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- i) provides instructional information about illegal activities, including but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone else’s privacy or providing or creating computer viruses;
- j) contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page);
- k) solicits passwords or personally identifying information from other Users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- l) involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”
- m) promotes information that you know to be false or misleading;
- n) contains inappropriate Profile e.g. names or contact details;
- o) engages in commercial activities and/or sales, including but not limited to contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising and pyramid schemes, without the prior written consent of London Irish Singles
- By publishing or displaying any Content on any public area of the Website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to London Irish Singles an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide licence to use, copy, perform, display and distribute such Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Content and to grant and authorise sublicenses of such Content. In respect of any such dealings by London Irish Singles and its sub-licensees, you hereby unconditionally and irrevocably waive any moral rights which you may have in the Content under Part 1, Chapter IV of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 and any similar or corresponding foreign rights.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. London Irish Singles. reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor any dispute between you and another User.
- In the event that London Irish Singles denies you access to the Website on a permanent or temporary basis for any reason, you shall be notified in writing and must then not attempt to use the Website under any other name or through any other User. If a Profile is disabled due to inappropriate Profile, London Irish Singles shall not notify such User.
- London Irish Singles will operate the Website with the reasonable skill and care of an online service provider.
- London Irish Singles will use reasonable endeavours to maintain the operation of the Website, however it may be necessary to temporarily suspend the Website for operational reasons, including but not limited to repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades. London Irish Singles will use reasonable endeavours to restore the Website as soon as possible after any suspension. London Irish Singles shall not be liable to you for any such suspension.
- London Irish Singles reserves the right to make changes to the Website from time to time, provided that such changes have no material adverse effect on the quality of the service provided to Users.
- In the process of answering queries, the customer service team may access user messages and other profile details in order to investigate and solve issues. User consent for this is given by way of agreeing to the terms & conditions.
- Payments can be stopped using the ‘My Profile &Setting’ page by clicking ‘Payments and Subscriptions’ option. Please note that you should cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before the payment is due to prevent payment being taken.
- Refunds are only provided if contacted within seven days of a payment being made and subscriber services not being used. For the avoidance of doubt, subscriber services include both reading and sending messages. Refunds will incur a £3 administration fee.
Term and Termination
- These Terms will remain in full force and effect while you are a User of the Website.
- You may cease to be a User at any time, for any reason, effective upon receipt by London Irish Singles of your written or email notice of termination, sent to the postal or e-mail address detailed in clause 2.
- If you are a Subscriber, your Subscription shall be for the relevant Period and shall automatically renew for terms of equivalent Periods in accordance with clause 9, unless terminated by you at any time and for any reason by giving written or email notice of your intention to terminate, sent to the postal or e-mail address set out in clause 2.
- London Irish Singles may at any time, terminate the agreement with you, deny you access to the Website and delete your Profile and any other Content you have submitted by your Use of the Website on provision of reasonable notice.
- London Irish Singles may terminate the agreement with you, deny you access to the Website and delete your Profile and any other Content you have submitted by your Use of the Website with immediate effect in the event that you have breached these Terms. In the event of such termination no refund shall be payable by London Irish Singles
- The intellectual property (copyright, trade marks, patents, design rights etc) associated with the functionality and design of the Website is either owned by or licensed to London Irish Singles. The intellectual property (copyright, trade marks, patents, design rights etc) associated with the Content is either owned by or licensed to London Irish Singles or owned by a Use.
- You are expressly prohibited from:
(i) Reproducing, copying, editing, transmitting, uploading or incorporating into any other materials, any of the Website;
(ii) removing, modifying, altering or using any registered or unregistered marks/logos owned by London Irish Singles, including but not limited to the mark “mysinglefriend®” and doing anything which may be seen to take unfair advantage of the reputation and goodwill of the Website or could be considered an infringement any of the intellectual property rights owned and/or licensed to London Irish Singles without first obtaining the written permission of the owner of the intellectual property.
- The Content may include facts, views, opinions, advice and recommendations. These views, opinions, advice and recommendations are not endorsed by London Irish Singles and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, London Irish Singles shall not be liable on account of the accuracy, defamatory nature, completeness, timeliness or otherwise of the information provided on the Website.
- London Irish Singles are not responsible for the conduct of Users either online or offline. Please use caution and common sense when using the Website and ensure you have reviewed the safety guidelines contained here: TARA insert link to Abi’s safety on website here.
- The Website may contain errors and, from time to time, may not be accessible by Users. The information provided on the Website by London Irish Singles is intended as information only and does not constitute advice. Therefore, it must not be relied on to assist in making or refraining from making a decision, or to assist in deciding on a course of action.
Warranties, Liabilities and Indemnity
- London Irish Singles cannot guarantee and do not promise any specific results from Use of the Website. To the maximum extent permitted by law, London Irish Singles, expressly excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in connection with the information provided on the Website, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, accuracy, completeness, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, London Irish Singles expressly excludes:
- a) all conditions, warranties and other terms whether express or otherwise implied by statute or common law;
- b) any liability for indirect or consequential loss which are losses that are incurred as a side effect of the main loss or damage;
- c) loss of profit and business;
- d) loss of income or revenue;
- e) loss of goodwill and reputation;
- f) loss of romantic prospects;
- g) loss of expectation;
- h) loss of opportunity;
- i) loss of use;
- j) loss of information and data;
- k) loss arising out of or in connection with wasted management or personal time; any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- Nothing in these Terms shall serve to limit or exclude you and London Irish Singles’ liability for death or personal injury resulting from your or London Irish Singles negligence or any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to clause 38, London Irish Singles’ maximum aggregate liability to you under, arising from or in connection with these Terms, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall not exceed £100.
- In the event that you have a claim or right of action against any other User arising from that User’s Use of the Website, you agree to pursue such claim or action independently of and without any demands from London Irish Singles, and you release London Irish Singles from all claims, liability and damages arising from or in any way connected to such claim or action.
- In the event that a claim or action is brought against London Irish Singles’ arising from your activities or Use of the Website, including any breach by you of these Terms or any charges or complaints made by other parties against you, you agree to pay, hold harmless and defend London Irish Singles in the claim or action. You also agree to cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defence of any claim and allow London Irish Singles to assume the exclusive defence and control of the matter.
- London Irish Singles is committed to protecting (i) the privacy of Users; and (ii) the confidentiality of the information provided to it by Users Using the Website.
- London Irish Singles is the data controller of your data submitted using the Website. Lndon Irish Singles is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and complies with the DPA in all all our dealings with your personal data. When Using the Website, you hereby consent to London Irish Singles’ processing your personal data to the extent necessary to facilitate online introductions and to enable London Irish Singles’ to operate the Website for the purposes for which it is reasonably intended to be operated. For the avoidance of doubt, you hereby expressly give your consent to London Irish Singles processing data provided by you in respect of your sexual orientation.
- London Irish Singles reserves the right to gather information relating to use of the Website. By using the Website you consent to collection and use of this information.
- Links to third party websites may appear on the Website. Such third party websites are not the responsibility of London Irish Singles and London Irish Singles accepts no responsibility for the availability, suitability, reliability or content of such third party websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.
- London Irish Singles may alter or amend our terms and conditions by giving reasonable notice. By continuing to Use the Website after expiry of the notice period, you will be deemed to have accepted any amendment to these terms and conditions. If, on receipt of such notice, you wish to terminate your agreement with London Irish Singles you may do so by giving London Irish Singles not less than seven (7) days notice, such termination to take effect on the date upon which the amended terms and conditions would otherwise have come into effect.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms.
Rights of Third Parties
- These Terms do not create any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (“Act”) which are enforceable by any person who is either not a party to them or who is not a provider of the relevant goods and/or services.
- You may print and keep a copy of these Terms, which form the entire agreement between you and London Irish Singles and supersede any other communications or advertising with respect to the Website.
- Failure by London Irish Singles to enforce these Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right.
- If any part of these Terms is held unenforceable, that part shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of the parties, and the Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
80.. London Irish Singles shall not incur any liability to any User on account of any loss or damage resulting from any delay or failure to perform all or any part of these Terms if such delay or failure is caused, in whole or in part, by events, occurrences, or causes beyond the control of London Irish Singles. Such events, occurrences or causes will include, without limitation, acts of God, strikes, lockouts, riots, acts of war, earthquakes, fire and explosions.